Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion chopped or grated
- 30 oz pumpkin puree
- 3 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp xylitol (or stevia to taste)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- parsley (to taste, optional)
- Sauté onions and butter in a large saucepan until translucent.
- Stir in the pumpkin, broth and all of the spices. Simmer for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the bay leaf and transfer mixture to a blender (or use a hand held immersion blender).
- Add the coconut milk and walnut oil and blend.
- Pour back into the saucepan and heat. DO NOT boil!!
- Serve and enjoy!