Grilled Salmon with Basil Cream Sauce
- 4 wild salmon steaks 6 oz each
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream from grass-fed cows
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter raw grass-fed
- Preheat grill to high.
- Rinse salmon under cold water, drain, and blot dry. Brush salmon on both sides with olive oil. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Combine basil, wine, and garlic in a blender and process until a smooth puree forms. Transfer to a small heavy saucepan. Stir in cream.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, taking care not to let cream boil over. Stir frequently for 10–15 minutes, until sauce is reduced by half.
- Add butter and lemon juice, continuing to stir. Once the butter is incorporated into the cream mixture, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Grill salmon until it just starts to fully flake. Remove from heat. Spoon cream sauce over salmon, serve, and enjoy!