Fire Roasted Salsa Recipe – Homemade Appetizers
- 6–8 vine ripened organic tomatoes small
- 1 handful cilantro leaves pulled of stems
- 1–2 serrano peppers seeds removed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- To fire roast the tomatoes, put them in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet with no oil. (Do not use thermolon/green pans for this).
- Turn the heat to medium-high and let the tomato skins blacken. Turn periodically until the tomatoes are nicely charred.
- CAREFULLY transfer tomatoes to a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend well. (NEVER overpack a blender with hot food. You may need to replace the lid or lid center with a dish cloth).
- This salsa is terrific served warm but can be safely stored in the refrigerator for about a week.