Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Green Peppers
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp liquid aminos or tamari
- 4–6 organic green bell peppers tops cut off and ribs and seeds cleaned out
- 4-6 organic green bell pepper tops chopped, stem discarded
- ½ large yellow onion sliced
- 1 container mushrooms sliced
- 8–12 thin slices organic raw cheese
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the hollowed peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes to soften.
- Brown the ground beef with salt, pepper, chopped green pepper tops, and onions.
- When the beef is browned and the peppers and onions are soft, add the liquid aminos and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are slightly cooked.
- Put a slice of cheese into the bottom of the peppers, fill with ground beef mixture, and top with another slice of cheese.
- Cook in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, ~10-15 more minutes, checking frequently.
- If you have leftover cheesesteak mixture, you can bake it in an oven-safe dish with cheese over top.