Raw Pecan Pie Mini Tart
- 1 ¾ cup walnuts
- 3 medjool dates (soaked for at least 30 minutes)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for greasing the pan
- 1 ½ cup large medjool dates (soaked for at least 30 minutes)
- ½ cup pecans plus more for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp water fesh
- In a food processor combine the ingredients for the crust. Pulse until the mixture is broken down and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon evenly into oiled (use coconut oil) mini muffin pan and press down gently to create a thin, even crust on the bottom and sides. Place in freezer while making the filling.
- Place the soaked dates in a food processor. Add the pecans and about water and blend until smooth and gooey, scraping down the sides often.
- Spoon filling into chilled crusts and top with pecans.
- Place back in the freezer and allow to set up for at least 1 hour. Remove from the pan by running a knife around the edges and popping them out. Place them in mini muffin cup liners or on a dish and store in the refrigerator.