Healthy Southern Biscuits
These fluffy biscuits are great served with butter, to dip with your favorite soup, or topped with berries and stevia-sweetened fresh-whipped cream. These healthier versions of the homestyle southern biscuits you know and love, will leave you satisfied, without a carb crash or gut discomfort. Enjoy!
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or organic butter, or ghee)
- ¼ cup erythritol (like Swerve or xylitol)
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ juice of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a baking stone.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and sweetener.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs coconut oil, and lemon juice.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Drop by ¼ cups 2 inches apart on to the baking sheet and form into biscuit shapes with your fingers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until just golden brown on top or a toothpick inserted into the center of a biscuit comes out clean.
- Serve warm.