- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup onion chopped or grated
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 can kidney beans or black beans
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz canned organic crushed tomatoes
- 1-1½ lb ground bison, grass-fed beef, or ground turkey
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped finely (optional)
- In a large, deep skillet melt oil and sauté onions, celery, garlic, peppers and jalapeno, until onion is translucent, (3-4 minutes).
- Add ground meat, oregano, chili powder, and cumin, continue cooking, stirring frequently, (5-6 minutes).
- Then, pour salt and tomatoes into pot.
- Cover and reduce heat, then simmer for a minimum of 1 hour for best flavor.