Healthy & Hearty Beef Chili Recipe
- 1 lb beef or bison grass-fed
- 1 small onion organic, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes organic
- 1 can kidney beans organic
- 1–2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- ½–1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers chopped (optional)
- ½ cup raw cheddar cheese organic, grated
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks.
- Drain off the fat and add the chopped onion.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the onion is translucent. Add the remaining ingredients (adjust spices to your liking) and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to warm/simmer, cover, and let chili simmer for at least one hour.
- Serve in a bowl with cheddar cheese, or as part of your favorite chili-based recipe.