Advanced Plan “Mac” & Cheese
- ¼ cup butter organic
- 3 tbsp cream cheese organic
- ¼ cup chicken broth organic
- 1 cup cheddar cheese organic, shredded
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 jars hearts of palm (14 oz/jar)
- Organic shredded cheese additional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and broth until completely combined and smooth.
- Reduce heat slightly and add cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Instead of traditional macaroni noodles, simply cut two jars of hearts of palm into discs (or moon shapes by cutting the cylinder in half lengthways then into slices)
- Boil the heart of palms in filtered water for 5–7 minutes.
- Drain well and add cheese sauce.
- Put into a baking dish and top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 350° F until bubbly.